IBM just announced a new community and set of tools for BPM called IBM BPM Blueworks.
They define it as:
A cloud-based set of strategy and business process tools.
BlueWorks provides business users with the collateral they need to implement business strategies within their organizations based on industry-proven business process management techniques.
It basically proposes
- tools to model BPM in a public cloud
- a community built around BPM
- allows users to share best practices, insight around BPM
There is a 4 step approach:
- learning section for learning about BPM
- allows users to experience BPM by trying designs tools
- allows users to load models (theyused “strategy maps”, but I am not sure what they mean by that) and share with others outside of your own company (clients, partners)
- a community to share and communicate with a larger set of experts
Once I have more information I will update this post with details and links.
Update [2009-04-30 18h00 EDT]: The press release is now available at http://www-03.ibm.com/press/us/en/pressrelease/27392.wss although the BPM Blueworks component is not very detailed. I’m waiting for more info on that to come out soon.